Children’s Computer Stations
- Two iPads with educational but fun programs installed are available in the Children’s Library for kids eight years and under.
- Internet access is not available on these iPads.
- A sign-up sheet is available for recommended 15 minute maximum sessions.
- Parents are required to monitor their children to ensure a fair and appropriate usage.
- Two children’s computers are available in the Children’s Library for kids 12 years of age and under.
- Computer sessions are a timed half hour to a maximum of one hour per day per child. Sign up is at the front desk on the main level.
- Parental permission is required to use the computer stations. For children with library cards, permission can be given verbally by a parent if he or she is with the child in the library or a note can be placed on the child’s library record indicating internet permission has been granted. Kids who are library members must present their library card to verify permission has been granted. Kids without a library card must have a parent or guardian present to give parental permission.
- Both stations have Microsoft Office programs such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel available for doing homework or other projects.
- Internet access is filtered using NetNanny, to provide safety while using the web.
Internet Safety Information
Visit the following websites for useful information on protecting your child’s safety online: