Borrowing Limits, Loan Periods, and Fines
Place holds and renew items through Bibliocommons —
Click on My Account (top right corner of website!)
How many items can I borrow?
- Regular Card: 60
- Area E Single Card: 5
- Area E Student Card: 5
- Institutional Card: 60
- Temporary Card: 5 items
- BC OneCard: 60 items
How long can I have them?
- Loan period is 3 weeks for most items
- Some exceptions include Magazines and Library of Things.
Can I renew items?
- Unless there is someone else who is waiting for the item and has placed a hold on it, most items can be renewed up to 2 times
- Some exceptions apply, such as tablets.
How many holds can I place?
- 10 hold requests per card, including 2 interlibrary loan requests
How much are overdue fines if I return items past the due date?
- Adult books & magazines: .30/day (max $5/item)
- Children & Teen books & magazines: .15/day (max $3/item)
- All DVDs and other Media: .50/day (max $10/item)
- Electronics & Library of things: $1/day (max $10/item)
- Lost/Damaged Items: replacement cost + $5 processing fee
- Library cards with $10+ fines will be suspended until fines are paid