Accessible Services & Feedback
Nelson Public Library is committed to providing an accessible digital space.
We are demonstrating our commitment to accessibility with a new Accessibility Plan, created by the Kootenay Libraries Accessibility Committee. Please review our Plan and share your feedback. By working and learning together, we can be accessible to all.
- The National Network of Equitable Library Service (NNELS) — an online public library of downloadable ebooks and audiobooks for library members with print disabilities.
- Website Preferences Tool — visitors to the Library website can change the look of the page presentation according to their reading preferences and needs. These changes can help someone with vision challenges to improve their reading experience.
- Literacy & Struggling Readers — a subject guide that contains links to local and government resources.
- Resources for People with Disabilities — a subject guide that contains links to local and government resources.
Why Collect Feedback on Accessibility?
The purpose of collecting feedback on accessibility is to identify, reduce, and remove barriers that patrons experience when they are accessing services at the library. We will use the feedback from patrons to improve accessibility at the library.
Anyone can provide feedback on accessibility at the library, including if you experience a barrier or witness someone experiencing a barrier.
How to Submit Feedback
You may submit feedback in person at the library, by mail, telephone, e-mail, and through our social media account(s). You may attach photos, videos, and voice recordings to feedback submitted via e-mail. Feedback may be submitted anonymously.
When submitting feedback, be sure to include
- A description of the event, program, material, or service you or someone else was trying to access,
- a description of the barrier you or someone else encountered, and
- recommendations and/or general feedback.
You can visit our Contact Us page for our location, hours, phone number, and e-mail address.
Please send mail to:
Nelson Public Library
602 Stanley St.
Nelson, BC V1L 1N4
What to Expect
All feedback and suggestions will be carefully considered. Feedback may be used to improve library services, library infrastructure, or may be used when developing future accessibility plans.
All feedback will be anonymized regardless of the method by which it is submitted. If submitted in paper format, your feedback will be digitized and stored electronically. Accessibility feedback both in print and digital formats will be stored according to our library’s records management policy.
All feedback, except that submitted anonymously, will be acknowledged in the way in which it is received.