Slocan Valley Outreach
All services are temporarily suspended April – forwards 2020
Drop-In Events: September to June
Parent & Tots!
10 – 11:30 am every 2nd Friday of the month at Slocan Park Community Hall (3036 Highway 6, Slocan Park)
Children’s Librarian Avi Silberstein brings a selection of kids’ books to check out, and does stories, songs and rhymes with the kids.
Adult Roving Collection & Family Book Club!
5 – 7 pm last Wednesday of the month at Passmore Lodge
Nelson Library comes to the Passmore Lodge with our roving collection. Stop by to register for membership or chat about books, the Library’s digital offerings, and other hot topics with a live librarian. Note that the Passmore Lodge does not accept Library returns except during the drop-in times. See below for Delivery Service in the Slocan Valley.
Delivery Service for Slocan Valley
Slocan Valley residents can now request books DVDs, audiobooks and CDs from the library stacks and have them delivered to the Heritage Credit Union. Items can be dropped off for return at the book drop also located at the Heritage Credit Union.
Library Service Guidelines
- Each Wednesday afternoon, the materials you’ve ordered will be available in a sealed confidential pouch for pick up at the reception desk at the Heritage Credit Union Slocan Valley branch (3014 Hwy 6 Slocan Park)
- A receipt with the due date of your item will be included with the item. Items will have a one-week extension on their regular loan period to allow pickup and delivery time.
- Please return the item and its bag by Tuesday night (pick up is first thing Wednesday morning) to the book drop at the Heritage Credit Union. Books and bags may also be returned to the Nelson Public Library.
Ordering an item:
To have your library materials sent to Heritage Credit Union for pick up, please place a hold on the item(s) through our online catalogue (www.nelsonlibrary.ca) or by calling the library 250-352-6333.
- You will be notified that the item has been placed on hold for you when the item is available.
- Once you have been notified of a hold, please send an email to Library Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 250-352-6333 to let us know that you would like your item(s) sent to Heritage Credit Union.
Only the person who has requested the item(s) is authorized for pickup. You will need to provide picture ID to Heritage Credit Union staff in order to pick up any item unless the library member is under the age of 15 (parents and guardians may pick up materials for children aged 14 and younger).
- These procedures will ensure that confidentiality is maintained. Your cooperation is appreciated
- Acceptable items to be used as proof of identity and library membership:
- One government issued ID (or Student ID) AND
- Your Nelson Public Library card
There is a Drop Box located outside the Heritage Credit Union. Items will be picked up on Wednesday and returned to the Nelson Library by Thursday. Please ensure your materials are in the drop by Tuesday night in order to avoid late charges.
Thank you to the Heritage Credit Union for partnering
with the Nelson Public Library on this initiative.