thinking and number skills.
Nelson Public Library supports specific literacy needs in our community through the following:
- A special collection for new adult readers, English as a Second Language learners and their tutors
- Information about literacy programs and services in our area
- Celebration of International Literacy Day (Sept 8th) and Family Literacy Day (January 27th)
- Partnership with the local literacy organization (CBAL) in offering various literacy based programming – Mother Goose, Books Everywhere, The Winlaw Outreach project, Community Literacy Award, Nelson Reads and more.
For more information contact:
Melodie Rae Storey, Literacy Coordinator
250-505-5683 mstorey @ nelson.ca
Check out a Literacy Backpack!
Check out a Sensory Backpack!
Columbia Basin Alliance for Literacy ( CBAL) – a non-program organization working for adult and family literacy in the Columbia Basin. All programs are free of charge.
What CBAL in Nelson offers:
- ESL Classes
- Settlement services for newcomers to Canada
- One to one tutoring for adults
- Mother Goose and Granny Goose programs
- PACT – Parent and Child Together program
- Cyber Seniors Computer Classes (Basic tech support for adults and seniors)
- Books Everywhere, Community Literacy award and MORE
Learn more about CBAL: visit their website at www.cbal.org
Location: 608 Lake Street in the Nelson and District Youth Centre
Joan Exley, Community Literacy Coordinator – email@example.com or call 250-352-3218